PRINT DEVELOPER – PENTLAND INDUSTRIES
Active Graphics are a multi-brand function creating prints, patterns, textiles and embellishments for Speedo, Canterbury and Mitre apparel and hard goods. This role will support Active Graphic Designers in realizing the designs for production, responsible for communication and working alongside the multifunctional channels within internal teams and suppliers.
Ensuring on time delivery to product milestones by managing the development and tracking of graphics, creating and organizing strike offs, managing the factory relationships and communicating the flow of work between suppliers and the Graphic design team. Acting as a gatekeeper to the development of graphics
Based in the Pentland Active Head Office, Nottingham, the role will be supported and managed by the graphic design lead in delivering Seasonal and Special Make Up (SMU) products in full and on time.
The role you’d play:
· Under the guidance of the Graphic Lead ensuring on time delivery to product milestones by managing the development of graphics, tracking and creating strike offs for printed styles across the Pentland Active brands.
· Identify and address key challenges in printing/manufacturing and plan accordingly to deliver advice to the wider teams during design briefing and seasonal design process
· Archiving textile print strike offs and prototypes and working with innovation to build a print resource library - a creative source for all graphic prints and executions.
· Managing the factory relationships, communication and the flow of work between suppliers and the Graphic design team.
· Collaborate and support Apparel and Hard Goods designers on the seasonal and SMU ranges of graphic products with an emphasis on achieving a high standard of aesthetic, performance, and quality.
· Review Strike off and Graphic production samples, colour dips and manage flow of sampling process. Collaborate with Material development team and Quality Control to ensure printing specifications and standards are being met.
· Present graphic production samples in a clear and concise format to graphic and wider teams at touch points and design reviews.
· Communicate detailed information and technical specifications ensuring design integrity is maintained through to final sign-off.
· Collaborating with Design Operations to creating tools to support and influence specific graphic design process and ways of working.
· Any other activities commensurate with the level of this role.
The must haves:
· Knowledge of material fabric construction and print production techniques.
· Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with excellent planning and organization skills as well as multi-tasking.
· Fluent English (verbal and written)
· Strong IT skills (e-mail, MS office, Excel) and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator and Photoshop.
· 1-5 years of relevant work experience, such as footwear or apparel production (knowledge of manufacturing process, fabrics, mechanical and chemical treatments)
· Educated to degree level or similar experience, preferably within textiles, apparel design, pattern making, textile science or related field. Two years additional product creation experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· Ability to anticipate problems, offers solutions, and address issues within print and graphic materials in order to meet the Design team’s aesthetic and financial goals.
· A passion for Active sports and an understanding of the Active market and landscape.
· Collaborative, positive attitude to effectively maintain and develop relationships across the multiple business functions internally and externally.
· Ability to work across multiple functions with experience of working in a matrix structure a benefit.
· Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
· A good communicator, both interpersonally and within a group conveying strong brand empathy.
· Organized and structured with work load and presentation skills.
· The role will require flexible travel and to spend time away from home.