[JOBS] FREELANCE PRINT DESIGNER – MIRA MIKATI LONDON
London-based designer Mira Mikati began her fashion career as co-founder of concept store Plum. Her eponymous collection was born of a collaboration with Parisian brand Façonnable and a desire to create “something fun that was also beautifully tailored”. Her jackets, pants and sweatshirts are emblazoned with emojis, cartoons and playful graphics.
The position will be focused on print design and textile development, including embroidery and trims development.
Please only apply if you have more than 4 years previous industry experience within a similar role and are able to demonstrate this experience within the interview stage.
The position will cross over a variety of responsibilities as follows:
- Researching trends and trend forecasting to require developments on print and textiles sectors.
- Working closely with the creative director and designers to design and develop seasonal prints and textile, including the embroidery and trims.
- Engineering artworks for different textiles application.
- Applying print and textiles designs to relevant garments or product surfaces with understandings on patterns and costings
- Producing detailed design packs with specification sheets to a high level in order to achieve the best communication with suppliers and factory.
-Handling special visual merchandizing projects with assistant.
Skills and qualities required:
- A minimum of a BA qualification in textile and print background.
- A good understanding of the aesthetic of the brand and the target customer.
- Previous working experience of more than 4 years in a similar role.
- Strong design sensibility, design concepts and attention to detail.
- Passion for fashion, print and textiles, street culture, music and art.
- Excellent colours and illustration skills both by hand and by computer.
- In depth knowledge of CAD systems, especially Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Technical understanding of a variety of printing techniques and fabrication behaviors when printing.
- Experience of producing print artwork to a commercial standard for, all over repeat prints, placement prints and motif design.
-Technical understanding of a variety of embroidery and textiles application.
- Experience working with print/textiles mills and suppliers world-wide.
- Flexible and efficient, able to meet tight deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- A good team player