[JOBS] FASHION PRINT DESIGNER : ÊTRE CÉCILE : LONDON
FASHION PRINT DESIGNER : ÊTRE CÉCILE : LONDON
ETRE CECILE : London :
The Role : Job Description
An excellent opportunity for a Junior fashion print/graphic designer to join a women's contemporary brand.
This position would be incredibly varied to ensure invaluable experience is gained within the industry and there would also be the prospect of travel and promotion as the business develops.
This role reports in to upper management and production team.
• Work with management & development team to create seasonal mood boards for print, design, technique and colour palette
• Work with management and development team in developing and designing original and innovative print range in line with brand handwriting
• Mocking up to scale prints on garments within assigned colour palette
• Managing & creating technical drawings (to scale) along with development assistant
• Developing print files to scale along with S/O requests for factories, detailing print technique, fabric base and any further instructions
• Keeping an organised filing system in folders and online server
• Submitting prints to factories & following up with any relevant print comments • Monitoring prints throughout the development stage, creating a critical path and chasing factories on outstanding prints prior to S/O deadline
• Signing off on prints at strike off stage with factory and amending S/O requests and resending accordingly. Updating internal files with approved S/O’s
• Check and ensure SMS samples received reflect approved S/O’s
• Ad-hoc tasks assisting production team in busy periods
• Creating creative content for digital element of the business, including but not exclusive to newsletter, website assets, social media
• Design & produce print/digital related marketing material, including but not exclusive to in store collateral, look books, events, general branding, packaging Qualifications
• It is essential that you have studied print/textile or graphic design
• It is ideal for the applicant to have had at least 1-2 years’ experience in the industry
• Proficient in Excel
• Highly proficient in Adobe packages: Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign as well as free hand sketching The Candidate
• This is a broad role and the successful candidate will be very hands on, and work well within a small team
• Extremely professional with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
• Interested in fashion and a knowledge of key brands and fashion trends is preferably
• Highly organised with the confidence to self-manage their workload on occasion
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise responsibilities in a pressurised environment
• A can-do attitude with a willingness to take a proactive approach in problem solving
• Show an understanding of the brand handwriting