[JOBS] ASSISTANT DESIGNER : JOHN LEWIS
Job Type : Design
Region : London
Location : Victoria
Preferred Hours : Full Time
Partnership Level : 08
Closing Date : 19/5/2019
Vacancy Type : Permanent
Salary : £25,100 - £36,100
Salary Frequency : per annum
Hours of Work : 35 hours per week - Monday-Friday - 09:00-17:30
Duties & Responsibilities
The John Lewis and Partners Fashion Design Studio is currently looking to add to its ground breaking Modern Rarity brand Design Team. We are looking for an Assistant Designer who is dynamic, passionate and design led, who loves working at a fast pace on a multi product brand and has the kind of eye for trend and detail that will influence and enhance what we we aim to do in our Modern Rarity collections.
You will be responsible for supporting the designer in the design and development of the Modern Rarity brand. As a Design Assistant you will be expected to communicate ideas from concept to product, ranging from research and design to technical packs and presenting. You will also need to work closely with the Buying Team to ensure all design information is communicated clearly. You will be part of a wider design team within womenswear and will have the opportunity to work with other members across various brands, sharing creative ideas.
- To contribute towards research, trend, fabrics and colour for the Modern Rarity range.
- To support the Designer with researching ideas from our in-house archive for print and assist with the development of print design using Adobe packages.
- To proactively engage with the team, sharing and collaborating on design ideas.
- To liaise with overseas suppliers.
- To assist in the completion of technical packs.
- To assist in the sourcing and development of fabrics and trimmings.
- To assist with the updating of range plans using Adobe packages.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design or equivalent qualification.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe packages, particularly illustrator and Photoshop
- A strong design led, considered aesthetic
- Is confident and able to work independently.
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
- Working knowledge of woven product and an good understanding of woven fabric.
- Experience of working on multi product ranges, including knit, jersey & outerwear
- Working knowledge of garment Fitting.
- Is socially and trend aware; familiar with current influencers, new brands and stores.
*Please refer to attached job description for further information regarding job requirements.*
*Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early due to volume of applications*
*Please be sure to print off a copy of the job description for reference purposes.*