[JOBS] ASSISTANT DESIGNER : MISSGUIDED
ASSISTANT DESIGNER : MISSGUIDED
Job reference: : JUN20193126
Location: : Manchester
Job type: : Permanent
25 days holiday plus BH, Pension Contribution, Company Bonus, Staff discount, Sample Sales, Missguided Moments, Salary Sacrifice Schemes, Engagement Hub with discount or cashback on 1000+ retailers, 4pm Friday finish
Sun, 23 Jun 2019
Missguided is not only one of the fastest growing online ladies fashion retailers, but one of the fastest growing companies in the UK.
We are looking for an exceptional assistant designer to work with our current team reporting directly into our Head of Design. The ideal assistant designer is someone who can add energy and enthusiasm when working on a breadth of projects. The successful candidate will need to enjoy and thrive from working in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
This role is very creative and will require someone who is organised as you will work closely with our in-house design team and Head of Design. You must be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the brand/customer profile with a strong commercial eye. The ideal assistant designer must be highly trend driven and motivated to work across numerous projects to support the design function.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Able to collate research and present your findings to designers and management.
• Work with the Head of Design and designers to pull together presentations/prepare for meetings.
• Regularly arranging key fabrics / colour swatches for the season.
• Attending key meetings with Head of Design.
• Working across collaborations, helping our Head of Design maintain the critical path for launch.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Relevant degree or equivalent from fashion design.
• Good with CAD systems, with particular reference to Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Strong understanding of the Missguided customer/profile.
• Strong knowledge of trends within fashion.
• Fast thinking and adaptable.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Comfortable presenting in front of others.
• Ability to work to deadlines is essential.
• Must have the ability to work multi product areas across all end users.
• Have a great positive attitude when getting stuck in day to day jobs
What We Will Give You:
• A competitive salary
•Pension (that we contribute to as well!)
•25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
•Staff discount (Missguided/Mennace)
•Wanna (internal engagement hub with access to retail discounts)
•Death in service benefits
•State of the art building, fun working environment, Spacious desk areas, café, kitchen areas and quiet spaces where you can plug in and work in peace
•Missguided Moments (competitions, parties & giveaways)