[JOBS] PRINT DESIGN ASSISTANT : PAUL SMITH
Location: Head Office - Nottingham
Closing date: 28/04/2019
Working in close collaboration with the Print Team, the successful candidate will assist with general duties in order to support with the development of printed artwork for Childrenswear. This is a temporary position for four weeks, commencing on Monday 3rd June - Friday 28th June 2019.
• To assist the Print Design Team with the artwork and technical development of Childrenswear print from existing ideas.
• To scan, re-draw and amend colourways and existing repeat artwork.
• To be responsible for liaising with the Print Designers in order to co-ordinate the issuing of artwork.
• To prepare print ready artwork, Pantone references and specification sheets.
• To ensure all folders are kept organised, up to date and understandable.
• Manage own time effectively to ensure artwork is delivered on time.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Educated to a minimum 2.1 degree, or equivalent qualification in Textiles Design, Print, Fashion or other related subject.
• Previously attained 2 A Levels or equivalent and a minimum GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English subjects or equivalent qualifications.
• High level of computer literacy in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Able to plan, organise and prioritise to meet set deadlines.
• Proactive, self-motivated and disciplined.
• Creative flair, with the ability to assess colour, prints and textiles.
• Attentive to detail and to think creatively.
• Interest and knowledge of textile and print designs, an appreciation of materials and use of colour.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
• Flexi time
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.