[JOBS] ASSISTANT PRINT DESIGNER : J W ANDERSON
London : Full–time
Job Description /Job Purpose: Accountable for designing prints & graphics with a strong fashion direction encapsulating the attitude of JW Anderson.
• Assisting the design Team with research & development for the seasonal mood board for print design, technique, typography and colour palette.
• Design and assist developing original and innovative prints across the mens and womenswear collections.
• Produce seasonal screen print development trials and lengths in a London based print studio.
• Assisting fabric team to sign off on prints at strike off and final sampling stage.
• Re-working prints for production – including fully engineered artworks to pattern. • Helping with the everyday running of the department.
The Ideal Candidate Technical Skills
- Degree in print/textile or graphic design.
- Advanced Skills on Adobe Photoshop + Illustrator
- Strong drawing skills. - Strong colour awareness.
- Challenge status quo with new ideas.
- Advanced practical screen printing skills.
- Strong research and concept skills.
- In depth knowledge of fabric and prints.
- Ability to create print repeats and factory ready print files. Personal Profile
- Organisational and communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Adaptable and flexible to be able to meet the changing demands of the business.
- Passionate about print design and development.