Swiftjet Streamlines Pre-Coating For Digital Textile Print
On-demand pre-treatment is making remarkable changes to textile printing businesses
The new Swift-Jet machine from Technijet of Lancashire provides preparation for Reactive, Pigment and Acid Ink-Sets using constant coating employing contactless technology as an In-line or stand-alone process
Swift-Jet brings textile printers cost savings and flexibilities -and enhance the scope of market opportunities. Not just with reduced production costs, but also because it opens wide opportunities for smaller businesses, including design houses, to have their own production facilities. The Swift-Jet system really does make short runs commercially viable and competitive.
Swift-Jet ‘s ultra-streamlined efficiency enables rapid response and short run efficiencies
Traditional pre-coating technics are mismatched with today’s digital printing technology. Swift-Jet is tomorrow’s technology, while being a proven and tested system. This is the future for textile digital printing.
· Multiple and consistent results from 10 – 1000 meters
· Predictable and controlled
· Print result standards equivalent to conventional processes
· Energy consumption reduced by 50%
· Chemical Consumption reduced by 80%
The Swiftjet Process
· 1 Cleaning The Fabric
· Swift-Jet cleans the fabric using Rotovac prior to treatment.
It’s proven that using Rotovac technology can reduce printing faults by 70 – 80%. Using it before pre-coating for digital printing can achieve the same improvements in quality.
As the fabric enters into Swift-Jet it passes through a Rotovac system specifically developed for this process, to ensure the fabric surface is free from loose lint and dust.
· 2 Spray Coating
· The fabric moves into the spray application area for the pre-coating.
Spray application is through a combination of high pressure mechanically atomised spray nozzles. This applies a controlled and consistent coating to the surface. The application rate is fully variable by pressure, flow, and variable application speeds.
As the coating solution is delivered through a series of high pressure pumps and controls, it allows for optimum performance backed up by its own bespoke application software.
· 3 Drying
· The fabric enters the Infra-red drying zone, which is also a stop and start process. A highly efficient drying operation containing variable infra-red wave lengths, high volume air impingement and vacuum extraction.
This matches perfectly to the application rates ensuring energy consumption is minimised whilst maximising performance and process control.
The drying system is extremely efficient through its unique design, it offers the ultimate in fabric output control, monitoring and delivering fabric to the next stage of the process with the requested and recorded moisture levels.
· 4 Ready For Printing
· After cleaning, the fabric has been coated and dried without any surface contact. It is now in the optimum condition for digital printing.
· 5 Software Control
· Swift-Jet’s dedicated operating software offers the optimum in machine and performance control at all stages of the process.
The software offers full control and repeatability over every step of the process, not only ensuring each process step is undertaken correctly but also recording every detail. The Swift-Jet software offers the user ultimate machine control and recipe creation, opening up new variables for fabric preparation and digital print machine performance too.