[JOBS] FREELANCE PRINT DESIGNER : ALEXA CHUNG
Job Description ALEXACHUNG is seeking a talented Print Designer to work on a freelance basis with our Design team.
This is a part-time role, working closely with our Head of Fabric and Trim, Designer, Design Director and Creative Director.
• Conducting visual research based off of a collection or thematic brief
• Using digital rendering, painting and drawing to develop artwork and designs to be used on prints
• Working with the Head of Fabric and Development team to develop prints
• Creating artwork specs for fabric development
• Re-colouring prints, making repeats, creating lay plans for placement instructions, and other technical work within fabric development
• Working proactively and in line with our critical path, ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner The Ideal Candidate The ideal candidate has:
• Advanced knowledge of CAD packages and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) • Excellent drawing, painting and compositional skills
• Previous experience in print and textile design and fabric development
• An understanding of the ALEXACHUNG brand and our design codes
• A developed understanding of fashion and market trends
• A keen eye for colour theory, print matching, composition and scale
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience working in-house at a brand is desirable but not mandatory
Please upload a portfolio with your application
Launched in May 2017, the London-based advanced-contemporary womenswear brand ALEXACHUNG is the brainchild of Alexa Chung, the human, born in Hampshire, 1983.
With nearly a decade’s experience in designing clothes, curating capsules and being a front-woman for other brands, the idea of starting her own label has been warmly incubating in her mind. Alexa decided to take the plunge and launch her namesake ALEXACHUNG, and so returned from NYC to take up the position of creative director, in a business distinctively tied to her British roots.
ALEXACHUNG draws from and expands upon a much-lauded idiosyncratic sense of style, and extensive design, and creative direction projects.
The model, muse and journalist distils over a decade of experience of the fashion industry, whilst navigating new territory to deliver a concise and curated collection packed with personality, humour and demonstrating an innate contemporary understanding of the Zeitgeist.
ALEXACHUNG presents 4 collections a year and is distributed through www.alexachung.com and sold in 30 countries in stores such as Selfridges, Galeries Lafayette, Lane Crawford, Mytheresa, MatchesFashion, Ssense and Net-A-Porter.
ALEXACHUNG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expressio