[JOBS] ASSISTANT PRINT DESIGNER - ALEXANDER MCQUEEN
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen.
The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity.
Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity.
Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship.
Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010.
The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
In this highly creative role supporting the Designer and Senior Designer within the McQ Print team, you will be responsible for bringing an excellent graphic sensibility to your print designs and illustrations, ensuring that they reflect the creative direction for the contemporary line.
How you will contribute:
• Responsible for interpreting creative briefs, demonstrating an awareness of the market and cultural trends
• Research and design unique, original and inspiring designs to reflect the brand image
• Undertake colour research and maintain an accurate working colour palette, producing colour ups of print placements onto the product
• Presenting designs to the Senior Print Designer and evolve as required • Create print tech packs and graphic sheets
• Update and maintain the FTS document at all times to ensure smooth communication throughout the design and development phases; closely following up throughout the process
• Sourcing and matching of colour standards
• Maintain the design boards and overviews for the team
• Working with the design team, fabric technicians and fabric suppliers, alongside merchandisers - incorporating commercial feedback into the print collection
• Liaising with factories
• Ensuring print deadlines are met at all times
• Research and report industry printing
• Drawing, painting and illustrations Your skills and experience:
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe/ CAD packages and Microsoft Office (Excel)
• Previous experience gained in Print design with strong graphic sensibility and reference / understanding of cultural trends
• Highly organised with an ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of print and embroidery techniques
• Highly creative but with a strong commercial understanding
• Strong communicator and able to actively network internally and externally
• Ability to be discrete, confidential and reliable at all times
• Language skills desirable, preferably in French or Italian
• Educated to degree level in design
• Problem solving and solution orientated with a ‘Can-do’ attitude and ability to work effectively as part of a team
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility.
Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment. Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce.
We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.