[JOBS] SURFACE PATTERN DESIGNER - B&M
Full–time Surface Pattern Designer, Maternity Cover
• Location: Merseyside • Salary: Competitive
• Date Posted: 01 Jul 2019
• Application Closing Date: 12 Jul 2019
B&M Retail are one of the UK’s fastest growing variety retailers.
From only having 21 stores in 2005 to the 600+ stores we currently operate from, there is sure to be store near you.
With our ongoing expansion plans there really hasn’t been a better time to join B&M!
A new exciting opportunity has become available for a Surface Pattern Designer to join our vibrant design team, based at our head office in Speke, as maternity cover for 6 months.
This role would suit a creative designer overflowing with ideas and keen to work in a fast paced, developing department! B&M surface design covers an incredibly diverse spectrum of product, so we are looking for a flexible & agile designer to join the team!
The role involves working on hundreds of ranges, with a variety of styles and will cover textile, homewares, gifts and craft.
You will be a designer that thrives in a team environment and is able to confidently communicate ideas at all levels.
It is essential that you have experience as a surface pattern designer and are able to demonstrate good illustrating skills.
A good grasp of colour and trend analysis will also be required.
The skills/ experience required are:
• BA (hons) degree in Textiles/Design or Illustration
• 3 years + experience working as a designer in a homeware capacity
• Working knowledge of CAD programs:Adobe illustrator & Photoshop are essential
• Highly diverse and creative portfolio with multiple styles
• Able to communication at all levels and present ideas
• Passionate about design
• Team Player with a positive can do attitude! I
If you are looking for a new challenge, where you can make a difference and would like to be a part of great team, we would like to hear from you !