[JOBS] PRINT DESIGNER - ALEXANDER MCQUEEN
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen.
The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity.
Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity.
Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship.
Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010.
The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
• Responsible for producing unique, original and inspiring designs and key statements for the season; ensuring adjacencies where appropriate with WRTW.
• Collaborate across the MRTW Design team to determine and search the mood of the new collection, based on the Design Direction and seasonal brief. • Undertake colour research and maintain an accurate working colour palette. • Present design concepts and designs to the Menswear Design Director and Senior Designers.
• Responsible for managing the development process of prints, delivering designs for collection and commercial pieces in a timely manner; working with the design team, fabric technicians and fabric suppliers.
• Sourcing and matching of colour standards.
• Responsible for communicating print design requirements (tech packs). • Ensure ongoing communication with factories and external suppliers as appropriate.
• Effectively work across the Design studio to ensure print deadlines are met, in accordance with the collection calendar.
• Research and report on industry printing and innovative techniques/designs. • Responsible for drawing, painting and illustrations. Skills and Experience Required:
• Previous experience of delivering print designs within a luxury House (required).
• Educated to degree level in a Design discipline.
• Previous experience working in a fast paced and time sensitive environment, where an ability to time manage and multi-task with competing demands.
• Strong knowledge of fabrics and the design process; alongside construction and creative techniques in relation to silk screening, embroidery, flock, foil, embellishments, placements and washing and dyeing treatments.
• Highly creative and able to build on inspirations.
• An excellent communicator with the ability to interface regularly with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to be discrete, confidential and reliable at all times.
• Extensive knowledge of luxury trends in menswear.
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe and CAD packages.
• Second European Language (French or Italian) beneficial.
• Able to work effectively as a team and individually with a positive attitude to your work.
• Discrete, confidential and reliable at all times.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background