HP Named The World’s Most Sustainable Technology Company
HPE tops the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability Index
HPE is named the industry-leader in the highly-competitive 2019 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
HPE received the highest score in our industry for specific criteria such as privacy protection, product stewardship, and human capital development
“Why are we here? I think many people assume, wrongly, that a company exists solely to make money... We have to go deeper and find the real reason for our being” –Dave Packard, 1960
From the start, Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard baked a commitment to corporate citizenship into the DNA of our company—a commitment which has guided our strategy over the decades to the benefit of our company, our customers, and society at large.
· Pride is heightened as HPE is recognized as the industry leader on the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability Index
· This is the eighth consecutive year HPE has been included on the DJSI World Index and North America Index2, part of a family of best-in-class benchmarks for investors who have recognized that sustainable business practices are critical to generating long-term shareholder value and who wish to reflect their sustainability convictions in their investment portfolios.
· The ranking is based on the S&P’s robust index methodology and RobecoSAM’s rigorous analysis of the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) performance of nearly 1,000 of the largest companies on the Dow Jones Global Total Stock Market Index (DJGTSMI).
· Not only are HPE’s leading ESG practices aligned to their founders’ mission and our company purpose, but also there is increasing evidence that they directly contribute to revenue and value creation for HPE shareholders.
· As global industries undergo digital transformation against an unsettling backdrop of diminishing natural resources, a changing climate, and escalating cyber threats, HPE is enabling their customers to thrive by designing efficiency, longevity, and security into every step in our value chain.
· HPE’s efforts to maximize performance while minimizing the negative impacts of IT have earned HPE the highest scores in the technology industry for criteria such as Environmental Policy and Management, Product Stewardship, and Privacy Protection.
· HPE’s leading ESG practices directly contribute to revenue
As HPE CEO, Antonio Neri, says: “we believe that technology’s greatest promise lies in the good we can do and the challenges we can overcome, together”.
Although we recognize there is much more work to do to propel our entire industry towards a more sustainable, digital world, we are honoured to be recognized for our leadership on the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability Index.